Friday, September 25, 2009

Finally I arrived to KB this morning. I was the first to return to this rented house (which I'd prefer to call 'English mansion'). Lucky that I had a good night sleep in the bus because I need the strength to carry on settling all chores back here. I did some wash (clothes, bedsheets, and my dusty car too) as well as some cleaning. When I first arrived today, I was shocked to see a male goat at outside my house. The place was so dirty and smelly. I'll wait and see whether the owner will clean the place up or not.

I went to Miss Rosmanja's wedding right after zohor (sorry, no more 'Miss'- Mdm Rosmanja) alone. The route to her house was a bit confusing but I managed to find it with her help. This was my first time going to a Kelantanese wedding so I was excited to experience what's coming. The vast difference I found is that the bride is the one who is very busy doing the chores. At my place, the bride is the most relaxed person during the wedding. All she does is sit in the bride's room and wait for the bridegroom to come. People will only meet the bride if they go to the bride's room. And then they do not use 'kompang.' They used recorded songs. Meanwhile guests do not sit facing the bride and the bridegroom while they sit on the 'pelamin.' Oh yes. One embarassing incident I faced today during the wedding was, I went to take food from the men's area. How foolish I was! There were no table provided for guests (tables are for the bridegroom's family only) so I ate uncomfortably. Three of my students are there; they were very helpful and hospitable. If not because of them, I would have forgotten about coming to this wedding.

Kak Ros was very gorgeous. I took quite a number of pictures of her. I adored the bouquet of golden roses she hold (can't wait to have my own). I wish her a blessful family life and may all the happiness be with her. I could see from far, that her eyes were shining brightly.

I couldn't cook tonight because I do not know how to place the gas cover back to usual. Therefore tomorrow I plan to go to Marrybrown or Pizza Hut or Sim Garden for lunch. Or maybe I'll just buy instant pizza and place it the rice cooker. Well, maybe. Not sure what's coming. Everybody will be back by tomorrow and this mansion will be filled with stories and laughters again.

Before I forget, I want to mention once again that I admire Sunflares Plethora's blog, writing and everything about her. Just drop by her page to prove this. Now she's in my priority list already. She may not know me but that's not what counts. It's something else- the bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment