Sunday, November 21, 2010

About dad

I was raised with the fear of falling. Dad is a incredibly strict person. He trained all the six of us with good disciplines. Of course, we didn't know why can't we do this and that but as we grow older, we began to understand that what he did for all of us were for our own good. We achieved spectacular success in our lives because of his guidance and trust he puts in us.

The first time he bought me a bicycle was when I entered kindergarten. At that time he put two extra small wheels so that I could practice riding without getting fall. After much practice in the evening, he had the belief that I could ride using only one extra wheel. It was true. Not long after that, he took out another one wheel and asked me to ride the bicycle. Although mom worried too much for my safety, dad was the person who trusted me. He trusted me because he knew that his little daughter could do it. I feared dad because he might scold me if I didn't do well but I did it.

When I finished school, dad was the one who took me to take driving license. When I studied in Kelantan, he gave me a car and let me drive it there. Dad trusted me because he knew I could do it.

When I got flu, he would loudly say, "I've told you not to drink cold water!" I hate it when he talked that way. But that's the way he shows his love. I hate it when there are so many things I can't do while everybody else can. Apparently, he is protecting me. That's the way he shows his love.

Now that I am going to have my convocation next week. I've been looking for what 'convocation' means to me. I knew now. The stroll I will receive is not for me; but it is the most valuable present for dad. I'm sure it will make him glad.

"To my most affectionate, remarkable dad,

I truly and deeply love you as much as I love mom. Deep inside my heart, I always pray to Allah that both of you will live happily in the beautiful Jannah. Insya4JJI..."

No comments:

Post a Comment